Sunday, July 8, 2007

Pierced Ears


This week I was a horrible, mean mom and got Macey’s ears pierced!! I fell in love with the look of earrings on baby girls when I was in Guatemala. I wanted to pierce Shaylin’s ears when she was tiny, but Jason said no. He told me that we had to wait until she was old enough to consent to it. So, when Sawyer was born, I told him that he had to wait until Sawyer was old enough to consent to being circumcised. He got the most pained look on his face and said, "Fine, you can pierce our next girl’s ears whenever you want!"

So I did. Macey was so brave. She only cried for about 10 seconds. I was very relieved, because I was expecting it to be awful. I mean, she cries for longer than that if she drops her bottle. Now she looks absolutely adorable! Even Jason is pleased.