Sawyer is getting more and more grown up. This new hair cut doesn't help. He looks so old!
Sawyer likes to use big words and copy phrases that sound grown up to him. Yesterday he told Jason very seriously, “I feel guilty. I really should go apologize to Claire”. He must have heard that on TV, because we don’t know anyone named Claire.
When I asked him to get ready for church this morning, he told me, “This is getting very complicated, Mom.” Earlier in the week, when I told him that we needed to clean his room because Grandma was coming, he said, “That is a good point, Mom.” And a while ago, he told Skyler, “I am just feeling really frustrated today.” When Sky asked why, Sawyer said, “Because of dragon problems.” What?
Sawyer is also getting even more independent. He likes to get himself dressed, buckle his own car seat, cut his own food and make his own bed. I love it!
I drove to his new preschool to pick up some registration papers for fall, and on the way I talked to him about how fun it will be to start preschool soon. When we pulled in, he got unbuckled and said, “Ok, see you Mom. Pick me up later”. Now, THAT I do NOT like. I want him to hug my leg, and cry and tell me not to leave him.
Then today on the way to church he said, “Dad, today I want to teach the lesson at church. I want to go up the stairs and talk in the microphone and everyone will listen to me.” Oh, we are in trouble.