
Another highlight of this week (for me) was watching Jason try to fill up our old swimming pool. It is a pretty big pool with an inflatable ring on the top. Jason knew, going into it, that the ring and the pool both had some small holes, but he was sure that he could fill them up and patch them along the way. Right.
He spent all day yesterday, pumping up the ring with air then filling the pool with water, then pumping the ring up with more air, then refilling the pool with water. I kept peeking out the window and giggling at him. At one point, he was holding the pool up with one hand (as water poured out all over him), holding the pump with another and saying, “This is going to work. This HAS to work.” The kids were all standing around him in their swimming suits saying, “I don’t think this is going to work, Dad.”
It didn’t. Now the pool is lying outside in a wet, muddy pile. I think Jason is too mad to even look at it.