Sunday, July 15, 2007

Meeting Mr. Mayor


The highlight of Skyler’s week was going to scouts on Wednesday and having the MAYOR of Cortez come and speak to them. You would have thought the President of the United States was coming. Skyler was so excited. As we were driving to scouts, he said, “I have thought of a few questions for the mayor in case he asks if we have any so that I won’t look dumb. I think that I will ask him if my school will ever close or what his favorite part of his job is.” I told him that those were great questions.

When he came home from scouts, I said, "Sky, did you ask the Mayor any of your smart questions?" He said, “I don’t know. When the mayor called on me, I got so nervous I could hardly talk! I can’t remember anything I said!”