Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sweet Skyler

Well, our week was good. It wasn’t too eventful, but it was good. The kids are getting into the routine of school, and I am enjoying having some time alone with Macey during the day.

Skyler still thinks that school is torture, but he loves school lunch and he has admitted that recess and gym are “pretty fun”. That’s progress.

I asked Skyler to keep an eye on Shaylin because she is the new kid in her class this year. He never said anything to me, but Shaylin told me later that Skyler played with her every recess until she told him that she was OK without him. Oh, I love that boy!



Skyler gave a talk in primary today. It was on service. He read a short story about giving service, and while he was reading, he slowly took off his shoes and then his socks. Then he slowly put his socks on his arms and his shoes on his hands. All the kids were giggling, and Skyler was trying really hard not to laugh himself.

When the story was over, he said, “I bet that most of you weren’t even paying attention to that story I just read. You were too busy watching what I was doing. That is like service. No one cares what you SAY, they care what you DO. I hope that we won’t just TALK about service, we will DO it.” It was such a cute talk. (By the way, Skyler also wanted to take off his shirt. I had to really put my foot down on that one.)