Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Jason's Weekend

Skyler and Shaylin stayed with friends in Utah, but Jason took care of Sawyer and Macey all weekend.

I left him on Thursday at like 7:00 pm. (Keep in mind that Sawyer and Macey go to bed at 7:30.) At 9:00 he called me to see how my long drive was going. I asked him how he was doing. Here is our conversation;

Me: "How are you? Are the kids in bed?"
Jason: “Well, actually, I am in Durango.” (a town an hour from us)
Me: “What? What are you doing in Durango? Are the kids OK?”
Jason: “Um… yah. You see… I uh, brought them with me to go see a motorcycle?”
Me: “A what?”
Jason: “A motorcycle. It's for sale. Listen it is a really good deal. It is old and small and cheap. I researched it online, it’s a really good buy.”
Me: “You went to look at a motorcycle!?!”
Jason: “Um. Yes. And I uh, bought it. It’s in my trunk.”
Sawyer: (in the background talking 100 mph) “Mom, Dad got a motorcycle and it is so fast! And we are going to go ride together! And my helmet it blue and Dad’s is orange! And we are going to go on jumps! And we are totally fast…”

That's what I get for leaving town.



The next day Jason called me from Walmart. Here is our next conversation:

Jason: “When are you coming home again?”
Me: “Tomorrow. Are you OK?”
Jason: “I just want you to know that I may or may not have killed your son by then. Oh, and what kind of chips do you buy, Cilantro and Lime?”
Me: “Yes.”
Jason: “OK. I’ll probably call you again in five minutes.”

He was so funny. But he survived taking care of Sawyer and Macey all by himself for three days. That is saying something.