Sunday, September 2, 2007

Boarder

Last year, Shaylin came home from school every single day with at least one hour of homework. It was really hard on her. This year she has a darling teacher who believes in a “hands on” approach to learning. Her class is always out of their desks doing some fun experiment. Plus, she doesn’t believe in homework. (I LOVE her!) Shaylin is so happy.



This week we went to a big toy store in New Mexico and the kids were all drooling. I told them that if they wanted something, I would buy it for them if they could pay me back when we got home. Skyler just moaned because he currently owes me $19.98. Shaylin said, “Well, I know that I have 10 dollars in my piggy bank, and each of those dollars says 10 on it.” Then Skyler really started groaning.

So Shaylin bought herself a little skateboard. It is cute and she loves it, but she is terrible on it. Really terrible. She is covered in band-aids and bruises. But she is not giving up. I am so proud of her. She is really trying.