Sunday, September 2, 2007

Super Sawyer

Sawyer is loving preschool. His teachers told me that he is the friendliest and most polite kid in his class. Yay! (Or does that just mean that the other kids are really bad?)

Sawyer comes home everyday and tattles on everyone in his class. “The boy in the red pants wiped his nose on his shirt. It was gross. And the girl with a pink shirt told us to get out of her playhouse. And the little boy ate his Twinkie BEFORE he ate his sandwich. I think my teacher was frustrated.” We hear it all.



This week we found Skyler’s old Superman cape. (The one that he lived in for a year.) Skyler was proud to pass it on to Sawyer. Sawyer loves it! I showed him how the cape flaps behind him when he runs, and he liked that. Then I suggested that he jump off his bed and watch how the cape flies out behind him. Sawyer bounced as high as he could and then spread eagled off the bed! I watched in horror as he did a complete belly flop on the floor. He looked over at me with big tears in his eyes and said, “Mommy, I didn’t fly!” At that moment I would have given all that I own for some pixie dust.