Sunday, August 12, 2007

Swimmer


Sawyer has turned into such a little fish lately. At the beginning of the summer he didn’t even like to get his face wet! Now, he loves to run and jump off the side of the pool and swim under water. He really tries to use his arms and legs to swim. He practices over and over diving under the water and swimming as far as he can. It is really cute. The only scary thing is, he likes to swim without a life jacket, so I have to keep a really close eye on him.

Well... on Friday we went to a fun water park, and Sawyer was having a ball. But at one point, he was standing next to me by the deepest pool while I was concentrating on taking a picture of Shaylin. All of a sudden I saw (through my camera lens) the lifeguard dive into the pool. I looked up to see her pulling Sawyer out of the water. He had just jumped right in! I felt horrible.

Sawyer was really scared but more than anything, he was fascinated by that pretty lifeguard. He watched her the whole rest of the day. He kept saying, “That is MY lifeguard. I was sinking, and she saved me. She is so pretty.” I think he had a little crush on his 14-year-old rescuer. Cute.