It was a fun day. We just had a little family party for Family Night. Shaylin made signs that hung all over the house. Skyler used all of our crepe paper to turn our house into a giant spider web. (It is seriously everywhere.) 
Sawyer sang happy birthday to Macey all day long. They all got so into the celebrations that Macey HAD to be excited, even if she didn't completely understand what was going on.
Macey helped me pick up her cake that morning, and she immediately wanted to eat it. I told her that it was for her birthday party. So every time anyone wished her a happy birthday, she said, “Where’s my cake?” 
As the fourth child, Macey is drowning in hand-me-down toys. She doesn’t need anything. But I knew that if she didn’t have presents to open on her birthday, the other kids would freak out. So I just bought her a couple of cheap little toys and some warm pajamas. She was absolutely thrilled,
so were her older siblings who kept hogging all of her toys.

It was a good day.