Monday, September 22, 2008

Jason's Post

Every week I write a letter to my little brother who is on a mission for our church in Argentina. This week, Jason volunteered to write the family letter (which he never does). When he finished, he said, "That is on awesome letter. You should post THAT on your blog." So here you go. Here is an update on our family and some insight into my husband's mind.

Hey Blake,

This week you have to put up with a letter from me instead of Britt. It was fun to get your last letter and hear how you're doing in your new area. I have always dreamed of being able to follow the missionaries around in areas like your last one and beat the crap out of hooligans like the ones who robbed you. Maybe after your mission you and I can go on a different kind of mission, vigilante style.

Skyler and I got to go on a scout overnighter here in Cortez on Friday night. It was set up for the whole stake with 82 boys in attendance. They were broken up into 10 groups and every 30 minutes they switched to a different activity from 7pm until 2 AM!

The whole thing was set up like an army camp, and they were soldiers. If you weren't being "stealthy" a guy named The Jackal would sneak up on you and touch you with some fluorescent powder that would glow when they checked you with a black light at the end of the night. I was leading Skyler's group around when the guy jumped out of the bushes. I about pooped my pants. Skyler says I did a little girl dance. ( I emphatically deny that.) I was at least able to contain my little girl scream. The activity was really fun, and it was great to be able to spend time with Skyler.

This week we had dinner with the missionaries (sisters) and they had a grab bag for us to pick out of. The bag held things like a Book of Mormon, a Restoration pamphlet, etc. Our commitment was to give whatever we picked out to someone who was not a member. Shaylin picked out a Book of Mormon. The next day after work I came home and Shaylin had already given hers away. She put it in her backpack that morning and took it to school. She had a few minutes before school started and she felt the Spirit tell her she should give it to a girl at school so she pulled it out and gave it to a girl and had her read a few verses from it. What an amazing daughter I have. She is such great example of being a witness of Christ at all times. I am so proud of her and am constantly humbled by my children's examples.

Sawyer went with me yesterday to help a family move. He is always game to go anywhere with me. He spent the entire time rolling around on a floor dolly. Of course everyone thought he was so handsome and charming. He is such a good boy.

You won't believe how dang cute Macey is. She definitely has me wrapped around her little finger. She also has a dark side and I am very afraid of her when she shows it. You don't want to cross her. I got to take her on a walk during Sacrament meeting today. Always hilarious to see what she gets excited about. Bugs, pieces of lint, dog poop, her poop, etc.

Brittney continues to be the world's best primary president. She takes such good care of the kids. Next weekend she is going on a short trip up to Utah with your sisters and Mom for a girls weekend. When you get home we'll have to do a guys weekend. Maybe we can get our nails done or something.

I'm so proud of the work that you are doing and the man that you are becoming. Thanks for your sweet example and for your service. I've probably said this before, but you'll never know the extent of your positive influence on my children. I will never be able to repay you for that. I love you Blake and can't wait to see you soon.

Love,
Jason


Not bad, huh? He only used the word poop three times.