
This week my sweet Grandma passed away.
I have thought so much about her the past few days. Here are some of my favorite Grandma memories:
• As soon as I walked in Grandma’s door, she was feeding me something and saying, "You don't eat enough to keep a bird alive!"
• The steps to Grandma’s basement were so steep; I fell down them all the time.
• I loved spinning in the beauty salon chairs downstairs until I threw up.
• I never believed Grandma that the beer in her downstairs fridge was just for doing hair.
• I loved swinging on that huge, rolling gate in Grandma’s driveway.
• We would fight over who would brave Grandma’s scary basement to go down and bring us all up popcorn balls.
• I could never get the lid off of Grandma’s glass candy jar without making noise.
• I loved Grandma’s bright pink and green decorations and cuckoo clocks.
• When I called Grandma to tell her that I had opened my mission call and I was going to Guatemala she said, “Oh hell! Now I am going to be worried sick about you for 18 months!”
• Whenever we saw Grandma, she kissed us all over our cheeks (remember those fast kisses) and left bright pink lipstick all over our faces.
• Grandma’s kitchen always smelled like cookies, her bedroom always smelled like Vicks and her bathroom always smelled like a lit match.
• Grandma used to send us birthday cards each year with her pretty handwriting and a dollar for every year old we were.
• Grandma always looked and smelled beautiful.
• Grandma always made me feel like I was her favorite. "Oh bless your heart!"
I will miss her.