This week, Sawyer was playing on the treadmill (while I ran into the toy room to check on Macey for like TWO SECONDS) and he fell and his arms got “sucked” under the treadmill. The belt rubbed the skin off of his little arms in a few places. But I was mostly concerned because he cried over it for an hour before he finally fell asleep whimpering on my lap. (Sawyer never cries over getting hurt for more than 45 seconds. Then he’s off and running again.)
After he woke up, his elbow had swollen up like a tennis ball. And I SWEAR that it was bent at a weird angle! So, naturally, I freaked out and drove to my parent's to have Grandpa check it out. Then, as my mom put it, “Somehow his guardian angels put him back together on the way from his house to ours. We are sure that Sawyer has guardian angels that are always running to save him. And if they aren’t fast enough, they heal him. Poor angels. I’ll bet they’re completely worn out at the end of every day.”
I was kind of embarrassed that, after all that fuss, he was perfectly fine, but I am soooo glad that he is okay. He is such a sweet boy.
I had a long talk with him about staying off of the treadmill at ALL times. He said, “But Mom, I’m really fast. I only fall when I try to do flips or turns.” I am hiding the start key.