I have to tell you a cute thing that Skyler did this week. He had a rough morning one day because everyone was staying home from school sick but him, plus he was running late and he couldn’t find his gloves.
I kept thinking about him all day. I felt like something was telling me that he needed a little extra TLC.
By 4:00 I could tell that my sick kids at home were all fine, so we decided to do something special for Skyler. We packed up all of our swim gear and hid it in the back of the van.
When we picked Sky up from school, he was very depressed because there had been a lunch change (hot dogs) and he had lots of long-division math homework. He worked on his homework while we drove, and I could tell that he was fighting back tears.
When we stopped the car he looked up and said, “Why are we at the Rec Center?” That was our queue, so we all yelled, “SURPRISE! WE ARE TAKING YOU SWIMMING!” Skyler burst into tears and threw himself into my arms. He said, “Thank you, Mom. I had the worst day of my life. Thank you for making it all better!” It was such a precious moment.
I know that God was probably answering a lot more important prayers that day, but I was so grateful for His answer to mine. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves us enough to care about something as seemingly insignificant as a little boy who had a really bad day and just needed his mom to take him swimming.