Skyler, Shaylin and Sawyer are all very into sledding this week. We found a beautiful spot in the mountains just a few minutes from our house that has some great sledding hills. All the kids want to do now is sled.
Skyler likes to go really fast with minimal bumps. Shaylin likes to go really slow and just enjoy the scenery. Macey likes to eat the snow on the way down. And Sawyer just likes to go!
As soon as we hiked to the top of the first hill, Sawyer ran and jumped on a sled and went flying down the mountain. None of us even realized that he had gone until we heard him screaming, “Oh yeah! Look out below!” Then we all watched in amazement as he ran right into a snow bank, and did a perfect front flip off the sled and landed face-first in the snow. I SO wish that I had that on video. It was so funny. Sawyer was back up the hill and sledding down again five minutes later. He loves it!
The kids are out of school tomorrow, so I bet you can guess what we are going to be doing. It should be fun, plus I don’t think that there is any better exercise in the world than hiking up a snowy mountain carrying your kids and all of their tubes.