Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Miracle

On Saturday afternoon, we had Jason’s office party. Skyler feels like he had a very spiritual experience there that he would like to share with you. Here it is, in his own words:

“Saturday was a hard day. Well, first of all, I was at a super fun swimming birthday party on Saturday, but my mom came and picked me up early to take me to my dad's office party. I had to miss the pizza and the cake. Second, she made me dress up in church clothes for the office party. Third, I knew that the party was going to be boring, and she wouldn’t let me take my ipod. Fourth, when we got to the party, it was pouring rain outside, and I had to spend like nineteen minutes (three) in the rain trying to get our van door to close. It was jammed on a sippy cup. So when the party started, I was wet, and cold, and sad, and bored.

My mom told me that sacrificing for other people is hard but it brings blessings. I knew that she was right, but I didn’t know HOW right. Because at that party, my dad’s employees gave him a big bag with movies and candy and a Wii game called NBA Live 08 in it. It is probably the funnest game ever made.

So, I learned that God really does bless me when I do nice things for other people.”

Isn’t he a spiritual giant?