Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Kids

The kids are doing great. Skyler just went to Day Camp and had a great time whittling soap, shooting targets and having tug-o-wars.



Shaylin is getting more and more excited about her baptism and her birthday. She prays every day that she will: 1. Get an ipod. 2. Be ready to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and 3. Not get water up her nose. She’s very spiritual.



Sawyer has been spending a lot of time outside, and that means a lot of time catching bugs. They fascinate him. Unfortunately, this has lead to some major nightmares. Almost every night, he wakes up screaming because a giant spider or ant is going to catch him and eat him. It’s funny but so sad. Maybe we need to call an exterminator.



Macey is hilarious. I was just reading a letter that I wrote to my sister on her mission when Shaylin was Macey’s age. In it I said, “I don’t know what is up with Shaylin. She is the loudest child I have ever met. She only functions at one volume – LOUD. The other day, Skyler asked me if Heavenly Father had put a microphone in Shaylin’s throat. A few days later, I found him locked in his room. When I asked him if he was alright, he told me, ‘I’m fine. I just need a break from Shaylin.’ Oh, that girl is so loud.”

That was really good for me to read. Because now Shaylin is very quiet and soft-spoken. And Macey is the loudest child on the planet. Seriously. Everything she says is ear piercing, “Hi Mom!!! I need juice!!! I go outside!!! I love you!!!” Man, she is lucky that we think she’s so cute.