This weekend, Shaylin had her dance recital. She takes lesson from a big, fancy dance studio in a town about an hour away. It is very impressive. On Friday night the competition teams had their recital, so Shaylin and I got dressed up and went together. It was incredible. Shaylin was drooling the whole time.
Afterwards, she and I got to stay in a hotel – just the two of us. We watched movies and ate ice cream in bed. So fun!
The next morning, Shay had a dress rehearsal and then Jason and the kids drove up for her recital that night. She was adorable! She gets very nervous speaking in front of people, but when she dances, she is completely at ease. She just has a ball. It’s so fun to watch her.
I have to tell you what Macey did during the show. First of all, she thought that Shaylin was dancing in every number, so she cheered for her during every song. But after each song ended, she would starting YELLING, “More! Please! More Shay Shay. More dance! Yeah Shay!!” She had everyone around us giggling. I hope that they keep laughing when they realize that we were sitting right behind the people that were recording the DVD of the recital. Hopefully, their microphones were off between songs.