Sunday, May 20, 2007

May 8th - Cute Skyler

We have been tackling our gigantic garden and orchard this week. I read some cute ideas about involving kids in gardening. One idea was to give each child an area of the garden that is their very own, and then tell them that they can plant anything that they want in it. They can eat their harvest, or share it or sell it to you at grocery store prices.

Skyler is so excited to make money with his garden plot. He is currently researching produce prices so that he can plant the most expensive fruits and vegetables in his plot. Right now, he is leaning towards grapes. We'll see how that goes.

Macey had her first accident this week. She fell off of my bed. She cried and cried and cried. It was horrible! The kids all came running in to see what had happened. After I told them, Sawyer said quietly, "Yea, I fall off the bed all the time." Then Skyler said even quieter, "Yea, so do I". Shaylin looked at them like they were insane.