Sunday, May 20, 2007

April 20th - Easter Surprise

This year, Jason announced that he was going to be the Easter Bunny and give me a break. Now usually our kids get small gifts for Easter, like a jump rope or a used Nintendo game. Well, this year Jason bought them four-wheelers! What?!

The kids just about fainted! They have been outside riding their four-wheelers ever since they got them. They only come in to eat, sleep and pee (sometimes).

Soon after getting on his four-wheeler for the first time, Sky ran right into our shed. A few minutes later he told us, "I have figured out that when I drive, it is just best to avoid the shed." Words to live by.

Shaylin loves that her four-wheeler is yellow and that her helmet matches it. She drives very slowly and very carefully. I went into the garage last night and found her reading a book to her four-wheeler who was wrapped in a blanket and had a pillow under it. So sweet.

Sawyer is just hilarious. He can easily maneuver his four-wheeler around tight spaces and sharp turns. We are constantly expecting him to crash, but he is in complete control. He loves to skid to a stop and yell, "Ka-chow!" (like Lightning McQueen). He told us last night that his four-wheeler's name is Big Blue.

Next year, I'd better be the Easter Bunny again.