I have always thought that there should not be school on the day after Halloween. The kids are so tired and ornery, and I feel sorry for the poor teachers. Anyway, this year Jason talked me into letting the kids stay home from school on Thursday. I didn’t even tell them. I just let them sleep in until they woke up on their own.
Shaylin came running downstairs in an absolute panic at about 9:00. After five minutes of convincing her that it was okay if she stayed home, and I did call her school, and she would not miss anything important, she finally calmed down and went back to bed.
Then Skyler came flying down the stairs yelling, “Do we really get to stay home from school? I thought that your alarm hadn’t gone off, so I was just lying in my bed really quiet for two hours. Oh, you are the best mom in the whole world!”